By: Lisa Podolsky, B.Sc Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University
While some believe that there is no treatment for HPV infection, there is evidence which suggests quite the opposite. Human papillomavirus (also called HPV) is very common. Some HPV types may infect the mouth and throat, whereas others infect the genital area.
All types of HPV can be passed on during sexual intercourse, but they differ from one another by causing different symptoms and health problems .
Following infection, the virus may stay in your body in a “sleeping state”, and “wake up” years after the first sexual contact with the infected person. As a result, most infected people aren’t aware they are passing the virus on to a sex partner [2,3].
Just about everyone has marvelled at the delicious shiitake mushrooms in the south Asian cuisine, but few people have ever stopped to think about its therapeutic effects on the human body. It is no coincidence that its compounds are used in many different, traditional medicines.
A study suggests that the active ingredient in the shiitake mushroom caused women infected with HPV, to have cleared the virus from the body.
According to the study, shiitake mushroom promotes the body’s immune support needed to fight the virus.
This study highlights the effectiveness of natural ingredients based treatment [4,5].
The relationship between clearing viral infections from the body and natural remedies is so startling that the medical community should recognize their economical, as well as safety benefits.
I’ll never forget the first time I discovered Novirin and Gene-Eden-VIR.
Although they don’t contain the same active ingredient as in the shiitake mushroom, they contain other antiviral natural ingredients such as Selenium, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Quercetin, Cinnamomum Extract, and Licorice Extract and are the only products on the market which were clinically proven to be very much effective and safe .
Finally, as the amount of studies dealing with the effectiveness of natural remedies continues to grow, we need to ask ourselves whether our dependence on conventional medicine is merely as a result of the medical community which are unaware of natural remedies’ success in treating viral infections.
What’s amazing is that the governments who should primarily be concerned about the wellbeing and financial status of its occupants, aren’t aware of theses natural antiviral remedies’ efficiency and affordable price, therefore I call for leaders and government officials to understand and promote the use of natural remedies as a treatment for viral infections.
1. “Genital HPV Infection Fact Sheet”. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). April 10, 2008. Retrieved13 November 2009.
2. Boshart, Michael, et al. “A new type of papillomavirus DNA, its presence in genital cancer biopsies and in cell lines derived from cervical cancer.”The EMBO journal 3.5 (1984): 1151.
3. Schiffman, Mark, and Philip E. Castle. “Human papillomavirus: epidemiology and public health.” Archives of pathology & laboratory medicine 127.8 (2003): 930-934.
4. Smith, Judith A., et al. “Abstract B79: Evaluation of active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) for the prevention or delay of tumor growth in human cervical cancer xenograft model.” Cancer Prevention Research 4.10 Supplement (2011): B79-B79.
5. Ritz, Barry W. “Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) and Immune Outcomes in Humans: A Review.” Natural Medicine Journal 3.1 (2011): 3-7.
6. Polansky, Hanan, and Edan Itzkovitz. “Gene-Eden-VIR Is Antiviral: Results of a Post Marketing Clinical Study.” Pharmacology & Pharmacy 4.06 (2013)